Monday, April 21, 2014

Friends Part 2: Victoria (aka: Vic aka: Vicky)


Again- it's amazing what happens when people are forced to interact because there is no internet, no television and basically no connection to the outside world for almost 11 full days!  I had the pleasure of meeting Vicky at our first kayaking meeting and I have never met a more positive, fun and beautiful person inside and out!

Taking time out from the last happy hour to take some photos : )

A quick duck face selfie at Deception Island!
d
My two new sisters, Stacey & Vicky looking fabulous!

I love this picture so much- it sums up Vicky's happy and infectiously fun personality!  

This is a picture of Vicky, me & Nikki (another fab kayaker friend!)

Sully, Vicky & I did the traditional shot of scotch to toast the rounding of Cape Horn.  I'm not exactly sure who's tradition this was but we did it anyway- at 10:30 AM.  

Vicky may kill me for posting this but it's just too funny.  This is the whale tagging arrow that our friend Joe won at the charity auction.

Just another selfie.


Part of our kayaking crew: Peter, Vicky, Me & Sullivan.  Here we are at happy hour and you will note that Vicky is sporting her OE bathrobe- someone had just returned from our outdoor polar plunge pool!! (More on that later)
Vicky, I don't have time to deal with ship emergencies right now, there are selfies to be taken.  (The photos above are from our tour of the lower decks of the ship- if you missed my post check it out here.)

Look at this girl! She made the kayaking gear look good!!

You'll get to see more of Vicky when I write about kayaking in future posts.  I think everyone on the trip would agree that any time Vicky was around we were all smiling and laughing!  Her kindness and generosity is unmatched and I'm so thankful to have her in my life.  I'm looking forward to a visit to Buenos Aires to see her and hoping she will make it to NYC for a visit this summer!









No comments:

Post a Comment