Sunday, April 20, 2014

Friends Part 1: Stacey & Clif

What happens when you take about 80 people and put them on a ship for 11 days with no internet, no TV, and no news?  Well….they talk, they interact and they get to know one another…shocking I know!

If you have the time, check out my post on departure day when I met Stacey & Clif for the first time.   Departure Day Recap

I was so fortunate to meet Stacey & Clif that day!  We became close friends on the trip and have stayed in touch almost on a daily basis since returning.  I'm already scheming some travel plans with them for this spring and summer!  I've chosen a few of my favorite photos but there are no words or photos to describe the bond we formed on the trip.
BFFs at first sight.  I knew from the first local we knocked over taking silly photos that we'd be friends for life; and our gangway photo shoot sealed the deal.  Clif is showing the sign for 3- as in 3 trips to the Antarctic. This was Stacey's 2nd trip. 

Love this pic!  I think we had just had our last excursion and heard Borris' great end-of-the-trip toast.  


Stacey & I posing (normally for once) as we passed by some enormous icebergs near the Lemaire Channel.

Look at Clif looking svelte in our fashionable red suits!

Another non duck face photo of me and Stacey!

One of many failed attempts at that duck face thing that girls do these days. Ha!

Stacey showing the right way to put on a PFD!

Stacey shows off the monkey drink cozy at one of our dinners.
dd

My dear Stacey & Clif doing what they do best with some pretty serious equipment.

Oh hey there- yes - Stacey & I did the bikini quasi-polar plunge in -3 degree temps!

What happens in the mudroom stays in the mudroom. Not really but when you feel as ridiculous as 6 pounds of layers makes one feel, why not do a duck face selfie?


Stacey & Clif brought an arsenal of hats to the trip! These veterans knew that the key to standing out in photos and being able to identify oneself meant wearing a colorful and wild hat!  Since we were all assigned the same red wet skins or yellow/grey kayak dry suits, it only made sense to add a bit of color via hats or scarves!



















No comments:

Post a Comment