Sunday, March 30, 2014

Marine Mammals in Antarctica March 16-26: Map & Video Slideshow

I'm still sorting through the photos, videos and journal entries I kept during my amazing trip.  I am hoping to start writing some more interesting posts later today and throughout the week.  I'd rather take my time writing about particular experiences instead of just uploading thousands of images.  Below is a map charting our stops by name longitude/latitude.
Map showing our stops each day.  There were typically two excursions each day- one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  We would spend most early afternoons and most nights traveling between locations. 
In the interim I wanted to share another video created by OneOcean that includes some of the trip highlights.  I have to warn ahead of time that this video includes very graphic footage of a leopard seal catching and killing a penguin.  While this is entirely part of nature, it might be difficult to watch for some so just skip ahead of that's the case.  Thanks and I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment